Selling my dual Xeon based VMware vSphere home lab, it’s not being used as much as before as I’m not that hands-on anymore. It’s a single host with a total of 16 cores (32 threads) of 2.1GHz (boost to 3.0GHz), 256GB memory, and 4TB storage. Ideal for a powerful, quiet, energy efficient (nested) VMware vSphere homelab with tons of expansion options.
Below is the full bill of materials which is for sale as a complete bundle for €2.850
The mainboard is an E-ATX dual socket Xeon with 16 DDR4 slots and 3x PCIe x16 slots:
There is 1 year of warranty remaining on the CPU fans.
- 2x Kingston ValueRAM KVR21R15D4K4/64 4x 16GB ECC PC4-2133 => 8x 16GB
- 4x Samsung M393A4K40CB2-CTD 1x 32GB ECC PC4-2666 => 4x 32GB
Grand total: 256GB RAM in 12 / 16 slots.
The Kingston modules come with a lifetime warranty.
The 3.x BIOS supports x16 bifurcation to x4x4 and is set-up like this:
There is 4 years of warranty remaining on the SSDs, and 2 years on the carrier board.
- 1x Fractal Design Define XL R2 Black Pearl
- 1x EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2
- 3x Noctua NF-A14 PWM chromax.black.swap 140mm
The PSU and case fans come with 6 vs. 4 years of remaining warranty.
If seriously interested in purchasing, please DM me on Twitter @RuurdKeizer
- Items are located in Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- Some but not all original packaging included.
- No software licenses included
- Some warranty remains on parts (specified above)
- All SSD devices will be formatted
- Buyer will be responsible for organising courier
- Buyer will be responsible to cover any fees if incurred such as customs, vat, paypal etc.
- Items to be sold as complete bundle. Will not sell parts separately.